Parent to Parent (formally known as Safe Homes) is a support network which provides information, resources and opportunities for parents to help each other raise kids who make positive choices.
- To make our home a safe, temptation-free place to be for our children and their friends
- To encourage parents to openly communicate with one another about parenting concerns
- To empower parents in continuing to educate themselves about the pressures our children face in the community
- Establish and communicate healthy proactive guidelines and expectations to our children early and often.
As Parents We Will…Support each other and the youth of the community while we:
- Model healthy behavior;
- Actively supervise all gatherings or parties of youth in our home and on our property;
- Inform parents/guardians if we will not be home when their child plans to visit;
- Welcome calls from other parents when their child plans to visit our home, as well as calling to verify adult supervision when our child visits another home.
- Not allow the possession or use of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs (ATOD) by underage youth in our home or on our property;
- Keep alcohol, tobacco, all medications including prescription drugs, and firearms inaccessible and monitored;
- Discuss expectations and accurate information pertaining to ATOD use, firearms, personal safety, and respectful relationships with our children- early and often, in an age appropriate
December 2016 – Modeling Good Behavior
October 2016 – Mental Health